I need to make a claim, what next?

As you are making the claim, it is your legal responsibility to prepare and present the claim to your insurance company. Without the expert knowledge of Gullion Ltd, this is a huge task.  It is a meticulous and time-consuming process whereby every item or element of the claim must be documented and justified.

During this critical period, it’s vital to be aware that you are NOT insured at all until the insurer accepts liability for the claim. Once they do accept liability, the claim can only then progress.  However, going it alone, without an expert in your corner, could jeopordise the outcome of your claim as you may unknowingly prejudice or impact the final pay out from the insurer, leaving you out of pocket as you try to restore your property.

I have insurance, why do I need a loss assessor?

Unfortunately emergencies happen - whether it’s a burglary, a burst water pipe or fire to your home or business premises.  During this stressful time it’s important to know how to navigate the insurance claims process as well as how to repair your property, which can be daunting and overwhelming for many.

You can trust Gullion Ltd - regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and the Financial Conduct Authority, we help clients who have suffered accidental loss or damage to their home or commercial property.

Bringing together over 30 years of experience, as Loss Assessors we will not only help you quantify the loss of material and contents from the property emergency but as qualified Surveyors we can also scope out the real damage to the building adding to the evidence for your claim. We will prepare, manage and negotiate your claim, keeping you up-to-date at every stage.

Representing you, the policyholder, we can take the stress out of your emergency by negotiating the best settlement on your behalf to ensure that you achieve your full entitlement, under the terms and conditions of your policy.

What is the difference between a loss assessor and a loss adjustor?

Once notified, your insurance company will appoint a Loss Adjuster to investigate the claim. They are ‘supposed’ to remain independent.  The Loss Adjuster is paid a fee by the insurance company to decide what will be paid for and what will not.  With more than one in five home insurance claims rejected by insurers every year, appointing an expert Loss Assessor, like Gullion Ltd, can help you secure your full entitlement, under the terms and conditions of your policy.  Our job is to protect your interests not your insurance company’s interests – we work for you.

Should I contact a loss assessor before calling my insurance company?

If possible, yes, that would be the preferred option but we can be hired later, if you wish.  It is important to appoint a loss assessor as early as possible in the claims process to make sure you are equally represented from the outset. Once hired, we can contact your insurance company on your behalf.

How long does it take for a claim to be settled?

There is no set timeframe.  Depending on the claim event, timeframes for processing claims can vary.  Additionally, each policy is unique, full of technical detail and bound by specific terms and conditions.

Whilst we both want your claim to be processed and settled as swiftly as possible it’s vital that all of the evidence is put to your insurance company to ensure that you get the best settlement.  We have excellent working relationships with Loss Adjusters from a range of insurance providers which does help speed up the claims process so that you can get your life back on track.

How much will it cost?

We provide a FREE survey and advice to clients, within 24 hours after receiving your call.  Integrity is the cornerstone of our business so there are NO HIDDEN COSTS. The fee for our professional service is based on a percentage of the claim settlement and this is always agreed with you in advance so there are no surprises or additional charges when the claim is settled.  Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ approach, puts you, the client, at the forefront of our service.

Where do you offer your services?

Gullion Ltd provides services to clients throughout Northern Ireland in Co.Down, Co.Armagh, Co.Tyrone, Co.Derry, Co.Fermanagh, Co.Antrim and in the Republic of Ireland, in particular Co. Monaghan, Co. Louth, Co. Meath, Co. Cavan and Co. Dublin.

Can you fix my property?

Yes.  This is an optional service whereby we can personally secure and manage trusted quality trades people to restore your home or business property.